Our Services Provide our Clients with the Ability to:
- Provide Cost Effective Management of Employees
- Reduce Employment Practices Liability
- Federal, State and Local compliance with all labor laws
Development of Employer policies and procedures which comply with all applicable DOL Rules and Regulations. The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) prescribes standards for wages and overtime pay, which affect most private and public employment.
Services provided include; classification of employees (exempt, nonexempt, independent contractor)
Workers’ Compensation The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) regulates employers who offer pension or welfare benefit plans for their employees. Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act Certain persons who serve in the armed forces have a right to reemployment with the employer they were with when they entered service. This includes those called up from the reserves or National Guard. Employee Polygraph Protection Act law bars most employers from using lie detectors on employees, but permits polygraph tests only in limited circumstances. Garnishment of Wages Garnishment of employee wages by employers is regulated under the Consumer Credit Protection Act (CPCA) Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) requires employers of 50 or more employees to give up to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave to eligible employees for the birth or adoption of a child or for the serious illness of the employee or a spouse, child or parent.
Services provided include; state and federal employer determination, employer notification requirements, employer administrative requirements, determination of employee eligibility, approval or denial of FML requests. tracking of FML approved time (intermittent and long term), consistent application, constant monitoring of new requirements and litigation under applicable FML state and federal laws.
Recipients of government contracts, grants or financial aid are subject to wage, hour, benefits, and safety and health standards under:
- The Davis-Bacon Act, which requires payment of prevailing wages and benefits to employees of contractors engaged in federal government construction projects;
- The McNamara-O’Hara Service Contract Act, which sets wage rates and other labor standards for employees of contractors furnishing services to the federal government;
- The Walsh-Healey Public Contracts Act, which requires payment of minimum wages and other labor standards by contractors providing materials and supplies to the federal government.
Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN). WARN offers employees early warning of impending layoffs or plant closings. Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) regulates employers who offer pension or welfare benefit plans for their employees.