WorkForce Solutions Group, LLP
John is responsible for ensuring that all Employee Assistance Programs, Substance Abuse Policies as well as Drug and Alcohol Testing protocols comply with state and federal laws, with an emphasis on Department of Transportation regulations. John conducts all training required for employers pertaining to individual employer policies related to substance abuse, probable cause testing and for cause testing. Additionally, John advises clients on best practices pertaining to Employee Assistance Programs, which have been shown to increase employee productivity as well as moral.
With more than 25 years of experience, John has clinical experience in the diagnosis and treatment of substance abuse-related disorders. As a Department of Transportation Substance Abuse Professional (SAP), John operates as a “gatekeeper” overseeing the treatment and the return-to-duty process for employees subject to DOT regulations. The SAP provides important services to the employee, employer and the traveling public. Additionally, John has extensive experience as an aircraft accident investigator and has participated in many high profile aircraft accidents, as a principle investigator, with National Transportation Safety Board oversight since 1988. Lastly, John served on a Critical Incident Review Program (CRIP) developing procedures and protocols as well as providing mental health services to employees.
John received a Master of Social Work from the University of Pittsburgh, School of Social Work, Pittsburgh, PA
with a Concentration in Direct Practice Mental Health. John was selected from among his peers by the Assistant Dean of the School of Social Work to speak at Commencement. John received a Bachelor of Science in Sociology from St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, MN with a concentration in Marketing and Secondary School Education.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (LCSW, PA)
- Certified Employee Assistance Professional (CEAP)
- Substance Abuse Professional, US Department of Transportation (SAP, DOT)
- Certified Anger Management Specialist – II
- Basic Aircraft Accident Investigator, University of Southern California
- Airline Transport Pilot AB330; B767; B757; AB 321/19/20; DC9; B737
- Flight Engineer Turbojet Powered
- National Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADA)
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Employee Assistance Professional (EAPA)
- National Anger Management Association (NAMA)